Wednesday, October 5, 2011

On Studio Interpretation Day II

05/10/11 (1:22 am)

            It’s not often you feel lucky in life. I personally do not believe in it; a mere faith from people who do not resort to ‘coincidences’. If there was ever a time where I say luck isn’t on my side I was probably because ‘Everybody says it’. Yesterday was different. My luck was really bad. We had to halt our inventory collection progress due to bad weather. What sucks is that we’re only ¼ of the 800m trail and we still have a long way to go with only ONE day left. It’s video day tomorrow for me so I’ll be hosting the ‘show’ and I haven’t prepared a proper script yet: I have always preferred spontaneous talking. The rest of my team members are under a lot of pressure because among all other trails, we have the shortest and easiest path so the area of interpretation we have to cover is wider (in radius) than the rest.

            That night we had to prepare a report on the little progress we made today. Fortunately our group was awarded a ‘good job’ by one the main Studio lecturers and the line “this is the first time I’ve seen this in Studio history and I think this is very good” will stay somewhere in the back of my mind to be recalled someday for motivational purposes. :P

Being me I’ve to not let that affect me or my team in anyway until our data collection is complete. Praises should mean nothing but a mere momentum booster. I should NEVER EVER let them go into my head and affect how I perform afterwards. What people usually do is take them praises and think they’re kings. I’m not the most humble on Earth but I’m trying my best to know where I stand. Congratulating people isn’t really the best way to tell them that they did a good job even before the job is done. There’s no time to celebrate now. Wait ‘till Studio 1 is finished and I get an A for it, then a congratulation is worth it. For now, my team and I have to give it our best ‘cause there isn’t any point of doing something if you’re not giving full commitment.

            Hey, it’s time to sleep. I’ve to be up at 7 am to continue Day 3 Inventory. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment